Vacancies Information Sheet
St. Mary's is a Catholic independent day School, founded by the Congregation of Irish Christian Brothers. Established in 1919 to provide Grammar school opportunities for Catholic children, the College consists of a Senior School (11-18) in Everest Road Crosby, a Preparatory School ('The Mount') in Blundellsands, and an Early Years Department adjacent to the Senior School.
The College is fully and successfully co-educational and has a lay Principal and staff. There are continuing close links with the Crosby Community of Christian Brothers and the family of Edmund Rice schools worldwide.
The College’s working philosophy is well expressed in the words of Edmund Rice, the founder of the Christian Brothers:
"Education refers to a whole person's life here and hereafter."
Our aim is education in all the dimensions of the person, spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical and cultural. In Christ's own words: 'I have come that you may have life and have it to the full'.
The commitment to academic excellence (with some 98% of its Sixth Form leavers entering degree courses) is within a Christian vision of the person. Thus, we offer an academic education within the context of Christian relationships, values, witness, worship and service. All members of staff are expected to support this ethos and identity positively.
- St. Mary's is a Headmasters' & Headmistress’s Conference School (H.M.C.). There are currently 462 pupils in the Senior School, 150 in the Preparatory School and 138 in the Early Years Department.
- The College is a Catholic school but welcomes pupils of other denominations and faiths. The current proportion is 71% Catholic.
- Entry to the Senior School is by examination and interview at 11+ and by GCSE performance and interview at 16+. Edmund Rice Scholarships are available at 11+ and Sixth Form Scholarships at 16+.
- We draw from a wide area of Merseyside and West Lancashire. In addition to Crosby, Sefton and Liverpool, pupils travel from Southport, Maghull, Ormskirk, Rainford and Wigan.
- Recent inspections rate the College as excellent in its provision of pastoral care, range of extra-curricular activities, and commitment to service in the community. It has special strengths in Music, Art, and Sport.
- Candidates should complete the Application Form and provide current curriculum vitae. The names and addresses of three referees must be given. One must include your current employer.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites