St. Mary's to stage fifth Proms in the Park
St. Mary’s is to stage its summer evening spectacular of music, fireworks and family fun in the town again this summer. For the fifth year in a row, the school will present the Proms in the Park concert at its Blundell Park games field on Little Crosby Road at 7.30pm on Saturday July 4th.
The event - supported by main sponsor National Tyre and Autocare - will feature more than 250 talented young musicians from the college and its preparatory school The Mount. There will also be special guest appearances by the choirs from Great Crosby Catholic Primary School and English Martyrs Catholic Primary School in Litherland. The event will be compered by popular BBC Radio Merseyside personality Roger Phillips and conducted by St. Mary’s Director of Music, Andrew Byers.
The young musicians will play all the old favourites from the famous Last Night of the Proms concert at the Royal Albert Hall. These include Elgar’s Pomp and Circumstance March No 1 (Land of Hope and Glory), Jerusalem, the Fantasia on British Sea Songs written by Proms founder Henry Wood and, of course, Rule Britannia.
St. Mary’s Principal, Mike Kennedy, commented, “Music is an essential part of life at St. Mary’s and this annual event is a wonderful showcase for the wealth of talent that exists here. The concert is a rousing way to mark the end of the school year, and performing in the open air in front of a large and enthusiastic crowd is a fantastic experience which our pupils will never forget.”
Ticket prices for the concert are £17.50 for adults, £10 for children or £50.00 for a family ticket (two adults and two children), with entrance free for youngsters under five. A number of sponsorship and hospitality opportunities are also still available, including programme advertising, sponsoring the firework finale and VIP marquee hire.
- St. Mary's Cricket Team welcome MCC XI
- Friends of St. Mary's gather for Reunion Dinner
- National recognition for Joshua's invention
- St. Mary's students take to the Philharmonic stage
- Singing success for Sophie
- Rave reviews for Greek tragedy 'Ajax'
- St. Mary's students help to promote Liverpool to Spanish tourists
- St. Mary's Sixth Formers put the spotlight on manufacturing
- A message from the Principal
- St. Mary's students rehearse ambitious production of Ancient Greek tragedy
- St. Mary's event puts the spotlight on the aerospace industry
- St. Mary's College looks back on a year of achievement
- St. Mary's pupils enjoy Pyrenees ski trip
- Musical start to Christmas season for St. Mary's students
- Stylish evening for St. Mary's Sixth Formers
- St. Mary's Principal hosts evening with Alan Johnson MP
- Grease is the word at St. Mary's
- St. Mary's Sixth Formers present research findings
- St. Mary's supports Remembrance Day events
- St. Mary's Under 16 Netball Team crowned champions of Sefton