The Reluctant Runners are getting ready for Race for Life
The Mount's 'Reluctant Runners' have been training hard for their forthcoming Race for Life wich takes place on Sunday 23rd June at Aintree Racecourse. They are taking on the challenge under the guidance of Ms Lopez who has inspired them with her running. She recently completed the London Marathon in 5 hours 10 minutes just a week after treatment so is no amateur when it comes to events. She has been inspiration for the children that have previously been less keen to adorn their trainers and get running, and they now take to the block run once a week to build up their fitness and stamina.
At the very beginning they set themselves a goal to complete the 5km Race for Life so they had something to aim for, but also to raise funds for Cancer Research.
Ms Lopez would like to thank you for your continued support wih her fundraising which has exceeded her expectations.
If you would like to follow the children's progress and watch their fundraising total increase in the next few weeks, please see their Just Giving page at The Mighty Mounties's Just Giving Page
- Dr Thorne addresses International Conference
- Baby news
- St. Mary's College salutes 'Class of 2013'
- Unique engineering experience for Daniel
- St. Mary's cricket victory over MCC
- Year 11 and The Mount enjoy a games afternoon together
- Historic Trip to Turkey for St. Mary's
- Proms in the Park returns for the third year
- Antigone wins rave reviews
- St. Mary's trio reach finals of national science competition
- St. Mary's music students take to the Philharmonic stage
- St. Mary's duo win science research opportunities
- St. Mary's students visit World War 1 battlefields
- St. Mary's College launches National Language Competition
- Wristband fundraiser provides a 'helping hand' to African children
- Five students to represent North of England Independent Schools
- Philharmonic date set for St. Mary's pupils
- St. Mary's sisters star in Sophocles play
- St. Mary's Concert for Hamline University A Cappella Choir
- St. Mary's stages rugby generation game