St. Mary's pays tribute to 'Class of 2015'
St. Mary’s College held a special event this week to celebrate the achievements of its Upper Sixth Formers who leave the school this summer. The Leavers’ Mass, held in the school’s O’Halloran Hall, was attended by many parents and friends of the students, and included the presentation of awards by former pupil and international development expert, Kieran Cooke.
Kieran - one of five Cooke siblings educated at St. Mary’s - is Partnerships Development Manager with Universal Learning Solutions, a not-for-profit consultancy that helps governments around the world to meet their global education targets. Kieran is taking the lead on an ambitious new strategy to help millions of children around the world to learn to read and write, and spoke to the Sixth Formers about his recent trips to Nepal and Uganda.
At the leavers’ event students were honoured for their efforts in a wide range of fields including sport, music, drama, outreach, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards and the Combined Cadet Force. It followed a day of fun activities, from balloon displays to practical jokes, and a farewell buffet lunch with their teachers.
Commenting on the event St. Mary’s Principal, Mike Kennedy, said, “The Leavers’ Mass is always an occasion for mixed emotions, and this was very much the case again this year. As always, we are sorry to be losing such an outstanding group of young people, but we know they are ready to move on to the next exciting stage of their lives. We wish them all every success, and look forward to hearing about their achievements in the future. We were particularly pleased to welcome Kieran Cooke to the event, whose career path embodies the principles of Edmund Rice, founder of the Christian Brothers, who created our school in 1919.”
- Friends of St. Mary's gather for Reunion Dinner
- National recognition for Joshua's invention
- St. Mary's students take to the Philharmonic stage
- Singing success for Sophie
- Rave reviews for Greek tragedy 'Ajax'
- St. Mary's students help to promote Liverpool to Spanish tourists
- St. Mary's Sixth Formers put the spotlight on manufacturing
- A message from the Principal
- St. Mary's students rehearse ambitious production of Ancient Greek tragedy
- St. Mary's event puts the spotlight on the aerospace industry
- St. Mary's College looks back on a year of achievement
- St. Mary's pupils enjoy Pyrenees ski trip
- Musical start to Christmas season for St. Mary's students
- Stylish evening for St. Mary's Sixth Formers
- St. Mary's Principal hosts evening with Alan Johnson MP
- Grease is the word at St. Mary's
- St. Mary's Sixth Formers present research findings
- St. Mary's supports Remembrance Day events
- St. Mary's Under 16 Netball Team crowned champions of Sefton
- St. Mary's students learn about life in a WW1 hospital