Exhibition puts exam artwork in the spotlight
St. Mary’s College in Crosby recently mounted a special exhibition showcasing the work of its A level and GCSE art students. Families and friends of the young artists were invited to view a range of pieces that the students have submitted as part of their course work for the exams.
The library of the school was transformed into a gallery for the exhibition - called simply ‘Change’ - which included an exciting range of paintings, prints, photos, sculptures and installations. St. Mary’s has a thriving art department and staff say the standard of work this year was particularly good. They now have high hopes that this will be reflected in the exam results in August.
Head of Art David Rasores-Parry commented, “This year’s exhibition is the culmination of five, six and in some cases seven years of effort by our talented and creative students. They have used their own experiences - as well as their knowledge of other times and cultures - to produce a hugely individual, eclectic and diverse range of work which is by turns beautiful, dramatic and terrifying. The standard across the board is exceptionally high, and many students have been so prolific or ambitious in scale that we couldn’t fit all of their work in. We are very proud of the work they have produced and also the effort they have put into the subject.”
- St. Mary's to stage fifth Proms in the Park
- St. Mary's pays tribute to 'Class of 2015'
- St. Mary's Cricket Team welcome MCC XI
- Friends of St. Mary's gather for Reunion Dinner
- National recognition for Joshua's invention
- St. Mary's students take to the Philharmonic stage
- Singing success for Sophie
- Rave reviews for Greek tragedy 'Ajax'
- St. Mary's students help to promote Liverpool to Spanish tourists
- St. Mary's Sixth Formers put the spotlight on manufacturing
- A message from the Principal
- St. Mary's students rehearse ambitious production of Ancient Greek tragedy
- St. Mary's event puts the spotlight on the aerospace industry
- St. Mary's College looks back on a year of achievement
- St. Mary's pupils enjoy Pyrenees ski trip
- Musical start to Christmas season for St. Mary's students
- Stylish evening for St. Mary's Sixth Formers
- St. Mary's Principal hosts evening with Alan Johnson MP
- Grease is the word at St. Mary's
- St. Mary's Sixth Formers present research findings