100% pass rate at St. Mary's College
Staff and students at St. Mary’s College are celebrating an A Level ‘full house’ after candidates achieved a 100 per cent pass rate in the key examinations, up from 98 per cent in 2013. This summer has also seen a significant increase in the number of straight A students at St. Mary’s with a quarter of all candidates achieving three or more A* or A grades. Overall, more than a third of all passes (36 per cent) were at A* or A grade, a big rise on 27 per cent 12 months ago.
Of the students who achieved all A passes, six are going on to study medicine or dentistry at university. They are would-be doctors Jack Gordon, Christina Houghton, Bethan James, Katie Malone and Grace Navin, and aspiring dentist Lucy Marray.
Principal, Mike Kennedy, said, “We’ve got double reason to celebrate this year - a 100 per cent pass rate plus a very pleasing increase in the number of passes at the highest grade. The 100 per cent achievement is particularly encouraging and shows that we’re bucking the trend in a year which has seen a decline in the national pass rate figures for the first time in more than three decades. Overall these are very good results which reflect the hard work and commitment of our students and staff over the years, and also the support they have received from their parents during their time at the school. Thanks to their A Level achievements, our Upper Sixth Formers will now be able to pursue the wide range of higher education and career options they have chosen. We are sad to see them go, but we know they will be a credit to themselves, their families and St. Mary’s in whatever they do in the future.”
- Proms in the Park hits the right note
- Former St. Mary's pupil takes pole position in road safety campaign
- Exhibition puts skills of young artists in the frame
- Art Fair honour for St. Mary's College
- St. Mary's salutes 'Class of 2014'
- Liverpool fundraising event will help to transform St. Martin's in Liberia
- St. Mary's volunteers take a trip to Lourdes
- St. Mary's College free school application
- St. Mary's students learn about Catalan culture
- Proms in the Park 2014
- New Chair for the Friends of St. Mary's
- St. Mary's salutes achievements of CCF Cadets
- Principal’s response to Archdiocese letter regarding St. Mary’s College free school bid
- St. Mary's students head to the crossroads of Europe
- St. Mary's College to continue progressing free school plans
- St. Mary's students take to the stage at the Phil
- St. Mary's history students visit Berlin
- St. Mary's pupils learn about life in Sierra Leone
- St. Mary's submits free school application to the Department for Education
- St. Mary's students enjoy successful Italian ski trip